Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Almost There Now - Let Cancer Battle Commence!

Today I met with my new breast surgeon and breast care nurses in St. James's Hospital. All were very pleasant and reassuring. Having had all the details explained to me three weeks ago by the BreastCheck team, hearing them now wasn't quite the shock to the system it had been then. Everything still stands, the sentinel lymph node biopsy followed by the removal of the lump including a wide margin of surrounding tissue. If a complete mastectomy isn't required, five weeks later I will begin five weeks of radiotherapy. If chemotherapy is required, it will begin shortly after the surgery followed by the radiotherapy.

I've been given an early admission date for next week, all depending of course whether there's a bed available. Let's see what 2012 has in store for hospital admission waiting times!


Above Breast Surgery Image: www.mycanceradvisor.com

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked and saddened to hear of your trouble, but I know you are a strong willed person who will beat it.
    I will pray for a speedy and successful recovery for you and hope it won't be long until you are filling your blog with beautiful pictures of happy times again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donald, so good to hear from you. Thank you for your very much appreciated lovely comment. Had op yesterday so still very fuzzy headed! I will be in touch with you soon. Cheers, Ann xx

    ReplyDelete